Sunday, February 13, 2011

Bean's favorite use of vinegar


A week ago, Bean went to a Parents' Night Out and came home with a Papier-mâché volcano that he proclaimed he had painted "wava" (lava) onto.

Sometime in the next few days, I walked into the kitchen to find Bean and The Beast putting red food coloring in a Pyrex measuring cup of vinegar.

Yep, you guessed it.  They put baking soda in the volcano and then poured in the vinegar and made it erupt.  Over and over.  Until every food coloring had been used and the lava was black.

Bean loved it!

 We are trying to encourage Bean to do more and more things on his own, and he has proven himself pretty good at pouring from one vessel to another without spilling.  He needed a little help using the spout on the measuring cup, though.

 You might be able to tell that Bean is doing the "Asian Squat."  I soooooooo want to be able to do the Asian Squat!  I can do it, but I can't hold it comfortably for very long.  I'm either doing it wrong, or I'm weak/unbalanced.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...