Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Octopussy



Bean had a bath toy - a blue plastic octopus that he named Octopussy (that makes me chuckle every time!).  I was throwing away all of these bath toys as they turned up (from being strewn all over the house and rarely anywhere near the bath tub) because they are at least 2.5 years old and I've seen signs there is mold in them.

Bean saw the octopus in the trash (I really need to get better at throwing things away so he doesn't catch me - he wouldn't even miss things like Octopussy!) and he was pretty angry.  So I told him I'd make him  new one.

It took me 5 minutes with a toilet paper roll, a pair of scissors, and an extra-fine point Sharpie, and voila - an Octopussy he destroyed in 10 minutes, but I didn't care (these days, this is an important characteristic for stuff I make for him to have!).  I think I'm supposed to make him another one.

Toilet Paper Octopussy had 8 legs and each had a numeral and corresponding number of dots.  Bean loves to count, so I thought I would appeal to a joy while replacing a cheap plastic toy with an even cheaper re-used paper one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...