Saturday, October 8, 2011

Deodorant Revisited


I can't believe it has been nearly nine months since I made my own deodorant.  The deodorant has worked great for me.  However, when The Beast finally ran out of Old Spice and tried it, he was not impressed.  He said it worked great for about 6-8 hours and then he was stinky.

So I tried another recipe (Kimberlilly's Cream Deodorant from here), and The Beast said that worked great.

However (did you smell the however coming?), both recipes are a little inconvenient.  Mine lives in the fridge, so I couldn't travel with it this summer.  The Beast just keeps forgetting to use his since he now has some Old Spice, and it's more convenient to apply.

I have debated adding a little beeswax and seeing if I can then keep mine outside of the fridge, and I could turn The Beast's into a solid the same way.  I'll update if I try it!  For now, I really do love my deodorant once it's on.  I love the feel, it keeps me smelling clean, it doesn't irritate, and it doesn't leave a residue.  I haven't had any problems with it staining or otherwise marring clothes, either!

Also, I am still using the same stick I started with.  Probably one batch will last a year.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...