Tuesday, November 29, 2011

A random lovely memory

There I am...

As a kid, I always thought I was messy, disorganized, and scatterbrained.

It turns out - while I am a bit scatterbrained - I was really just a typical kid.  Parenting is lovely for me like that.  "Oh.  Bean is doing exactly what I did as a kid.  And it's totally developmentally appropriate.  Huh.  I wasn't so 'bad' after all!"

Anyway, I was forever being asked to clean up messes, pick up my room, etc.  (My sister always seemed so neat...was it because she was older or because she has such a different temperament?)
One day (I think I was 10 or 11), I was sent back to my room endlessly to put things away.  By both my mother and my sister!

"Brea, please go put away this laundry."

"Brea, please go  put away these toys."

This belongs in your room!  That needs to be put away!  ARRRRRRGH!


Then that night, as I was getting ready for bed, I turned around and saw boxes on the bed.  They had been there all day, and my mom and sister had been trying to get me to notice them - that's why they kept sending me back to put things away!

There was a boombox, and either a set of encyclopedias (remember those?!?  Before Wikipedia?!?) or some sort of add-on to our encyclopedia set.  These were random gifts - for no occasion whatsoever, except some fun for everyone.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...