Thursday, January 5, 2012

On that potty training goal...

Yesterday I got A-Train up from his nap and his diaper was dry, so I sat him on the potty.  He immediately peed, then stood up.  I was pretty sure he hadn't emptied his bladder (it wasn't much pee), but whatever - I was planning to have us hanging out in the kitchen for a bit, and it's no big deal to clean up puddles in the kitchen.  So I had him diaper-free.

He peed so frequently that every time I went to put away the rag I used to clean up one puddle, I returned to find another puddle.  He was definitely taking note each time by looking down quizzically and investigating the source of these puddles.  Step one in my mind is just that he's aware of what he's doing when he pees and poops. 

When I returned from putting a rag away to find that he had pooped on the floor, I decided diaper-free time was done for the day.  Wonder if A-Train is on-board for my 2012 goals!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...