Thursday, April 19, 2012

Thankfully, this is not our typical bedtime routine

Bean, exhausted, did not want to go to sleep tonight. So here's what things looked like about 30 or 45 minutes after I had tucked him in...

Bean (animated):  "I'm just so excited that I can't sleep!  I'm just so excited that C is coming over tomorrow!"

Me:  "You have never even met C..."

Bean: "It doesn't matter if I've met someone, I just always want them to come over and I'm so excited."

Me:  "Ok.  Go back to bed and lay down."

......5 minutes later.....

Bean (apologetically):  "There is a fly in my room and it's really bothering me and i wondered if you could please come kill it?"

Me:  "Turn off your light.  Then you won't be able to see it.  Or turn away from it and close your eyes."

.....5 minutes later.....

Bean (to The Beast):  "But I really need someone to snuggle me."

The Beast:  "Mom already snuggled you."

Me:  "Yeah.  And then you told me to go away.  Now Dad and I are having grown-up time.  Go back to bed."

Bean (sobbing):  "BUT I NEED SNUGGLES SO I CAN SLEEP!"

The Beast:  "You don't have to sleep.  You just have to stay in your room and be quiet."

Bean (sobbing hard and sooooo pathetic):  "BUT I'M NEVER GOING TO SLEEP!  NEVER!"

Me:  "That's ok.  You can just lay there and we will see you in the morning."

The Beast:  "Come one, buddy.  Hold my hand and I will walk you back to your room."

Bean:  ::still sobbing, unintelligible::


The Beast:  "I am being very patient right now, but A-Train is sleeping.  If you wake up A-Train, I am going to be very angry."


.....5 minutes later.....

Silence.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...