Thursday, August 16, 2012

I Go Red for Mom, 18 Years Later

18 years ago today, Mom died on the kitchen floor of our home in Texas.  This year's weight seems to have lifted before the actual anniversary, as expected.

You might recall that, in the midst of a crazy whirlwind week back in February, I spoke to over a thousand people at the Indianapolis Go Red Luncheon. This week, I finally managed to get the video of that speech uploaded...so here it is.


Please share this video, or any of my posts about Mom, including my sister's story.  Help me make this day a celebration of my mother's life by making sure her death was not in vain.  Don't let yourself or any woman you love become a statistic.  Do you know the signs of a heart attack that are common in women?  Do you know your own family history?  How's your blood pressure?  (I could go on and on grilling you on your health and risk factors.  Stopping now...)

For those in Bloomington, Indiana, wanting/needing some basic labwork done for free, consider attending this event.  Technically, it's a kidney screening, but the testing overlaps a great deal with heart disease (and general health) screenings.  Visit this website to look for similar screenings in your area.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...