Sunday, December 16, 2012

Scrub-a-dub-dub, Brea's favorite tub scrub


My usual quick tub scrub is just baking soda.  Then I rinse the tub and carry on (usually with a bath to reward myself for scrubbing the tub!) - perhaps spraying a little vinegar as well.  But my tub has been feeling grimy lately - it's not dirty, but there was definitely soap scum built up and it just hasn't felt totally clean.

So, on Wednesday (my usual day for cleaning the house), I pulled out the big guns: lemon wedges!

It's so simple, and it works so well.
1. Cut a lemon into quarters.

2. Sprinkle baking soda in the tub (or sink).

3.  Use a lemon wedge to scrub.

4.  If you come across a particularly scummy and stubborn area, pour a small mound of baking soda elsewhere in the tub, dip your lemon in it, and head back to the scum.

The baking soda and the acid in the lemon interact as you scrub and break up the scum incredibly thoroughly.  This is also a safe cleaning supply for kiddos (Bean helped me!), and it smells truly lemon-fresh when you're done!

Photo Credit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...