Friday, November 7, 2014

30 Days of Gratitude: Behind-the-Scenes and Oxytocin

I love you...a bushel and a peck...


30 Days of Gratitude, Day 6: Behind-the-Scenes
Take back your mink...
When I auditioned for Guys and Dolls in September, I was really unsure whether there was a role for me. I told the folks doing the casting that I would do anything they asked - including play in the pit orchestra instead of being on stage - and they cast me as a Hot Box Girl.  A dancer.  What?!?

I'm so glad that I trusted their casting decision and, especially, that I got to work with a wonderful choreographer who made a whollllllllle bunch of non-dancers look amazing.  The costume designer came along and made us look a perfect combination of adorable, ditzy, and sexy and the director gave us the latitude to have a little subplot in our scenes.  Our first two shows were to full houses and our last two are sold out!  I've had a blast and I will be sad when it's over.  I'm really grateful for this opportunity to return to performing and thrilled to have been pushed fairly far our of my comfort zone.



This Teenage Mutant Photobomber is a master snuggler.

30 Days of Gratitude, Day 7: Oxytocin
I wonder if I'm an oxytocin junky.  But who doesn't love snuggles, right?  One thing I'm looking forward to when the show ends is snuggling A-Train to sleep at least a few nights a week.  I'm planning to do homework and studying during the bedtime hour, but will hopefully get some sweet preschooler snugglage in moreso than I have been over the past month or so!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...