Posting this here because I get asked for it frequently. It's just one of those things I made up. I always use a jar of black beans that we cooked from dry, only for the sodium level.
2 medium sweet potatoes
a can of black beans
2TBSP chipotle in adobo, whizzed or finely chopped.
1 cup quinoa
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
2. Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into 1-inch cubes (or smaller)
3. In a bowl, coat the sweet potatoes with oil (I like safflower, but vegetable would work), and spices.
4. Roast in the oven until soft and slightly browned (check every 15 minutes or so)
5. Rinse the quinoa very well in a strainer. It will be bitter if not rinsed well.
6. In a medium-sized pot, bring 1.25 cups of water and the 1 cup of quinoa to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for 20minutes.
7. When the quinoa is done, add the chipotle in adobo and black beans, mix together.
8. Serve on tortillas with feta cheese on top.